Monday, February 12, 2018

Rounding Out Hokkaido Marche's Gourmet Hall, Singapore

Tsukimi Tororo Soba

We now bring you back to our regularly scheduled programming at Hokkaido Marche. There were two more stalls that I had to try before finishing it all off. The first one, Sobaya Maruki, is a soba shop that also claimed to be 130 years old. It was better than I thought it would be, with those firm quality noodles and fresh prawns. I'll probably still end up going to Yomoda more frequently, but at least the menu here was much simpler.

DIY Kaisen Don

The last shop remaining for me to try was Kaisen Natsume, a seafood shop. They featured a DIY kaisendon, so I grabbed two types of fish from Hokkaido on a bed of sushi rice. But my first bite was a total disappointment; I couldn't taste the fish as it was drowning in a sesame dressing. The grilled items looked better but I don't know if I'll come back to try them. After having tried all of the shops here, my favorite is still Ajisai, followed perhaps by Maruki or Shirakaba Sansou.

No comments: