Monday, October 09, 2017

The Breslin in New York City

Seafood Sausage

If no one had told me this was a one Michelin-starred place, I would have never known given its outside appearances, as it looked like your everyday English pub attached to a hotel (16 West 29th Street, 212-679-1939). But I was floored after my very first bite of that seafood sausage above. Why? Who the heck packs shellfish into a sausage?? That's exactly what it tasted like: the aroma of walking into a raw bar but packed into a sausage!!! And it came with a wonderfully buttery beurre blanc with chives. F*CK YEAH!

I had some other stuff here, including a crispy Scotch egg as well as a beef and Stilton pie, both of which were good, even if I wished that the latter had a little more cheese in it. Either way, that seafood sausage is awesome and is probably one of the best things I've eaten in several years. I'm going to have to come back for that, especially since they have a lot of local beer on tap too, not to mention some potent cocktails available. The guy said that they are known for their lamb burger as well.

No comments: