Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Chef-in-Box Vendcafé in Sengkang, Singapore

Prawn Chettinad with Lemon Rice

Ever since this 24-hour vending machine café opened last year, I'd been curious about it, but never had the chance to go. Today, I was in the neighborhood and went to check it out (320C Anchorvale Drive #01-K1, 8606-8800).

It was a lot cheaper than I thought it would be, with most items under S$5 (US$3.70). I splurged on this S$8.80 (US$6.50) prawn curry, as it was from their "World Chef Series" featuring someone named Satish Arora, who it seems has quite a bit of history in the hospitality space. And yeah, I ate this piping hot spicy concoction pretty quickly, even if the prawns were nothing to get excited about.

After all, it was just frozen food that was automatically microwaved for you. If you think about it, it wasn't really that different from airplane food, actually. But Indian food has always been one of my favorites in midair, so I guess it's no surprise that I liked it at sea level too.

No comments: